Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Sorry, forgot to ask, how do I know if my HP Envy 15 J126TX needs a Wifi / BT Combo card with antenna or need 1 or 2 antenna?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Broadcom wifi card your notebook has requires two antennas, as does the Intel AX 200.

It should be a direct swap.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the wifi adapter removal and replacement procedure.

c04091768 (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, does that mean I can just buy one without internal antenna and re-use the original antenna?  Or I should buy 1 with antenna and change the card and antenna?

Sorry, this is my first time doing this.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You use the antennas that are currently attached to the Broadcom card.

What gdspd8 was saying is that the seller is out of the cards that come by themselves.

If you have to buy a wifi card that comes with an antenna kit, you don't need the antenna kit.

HP Recommended

Hi, I bought the AX200 with internal antenna just to be safe. End up same antenna as my current one in the laptop. It is ipx1 or u.fl connector

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul and Gdsp8 for being so helpful and responsive.  I am in touch with the seller now and planned to buy one without the antenna.

WIll inform after I got the result.  :-).

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

No problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, if your laptop have enough space for the M.2-PCIE adapter, you may wanna try AX210 (Wifi6E) M.2 card with this adapter in your laptop. I do not know will there be any significance drop in bandwidth as it goes through an conversion adaptor.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.94.3e3f1c692kwxyT&id=621865892304&ns=1&abbucket=20&...AX210 - Mini-PCIE.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi Gdsp8,

I had ordered the AX200.  Think I will stay with the tested option which you had bought.

Thanks for the info.  Appreciate.  :-).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.