Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-ba013dx

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

IMG_9773.jpeg

  

IMG_9771.jpeg

I have an HP Pavilion x360 14m-ba013dx. I got it in 2017 and recently during repairs, I’ve noticed that my battery has risen on one side a very tiny amount. It’s hard to see from the pictures but you will see it if you look closely. 

I was wondering if this is a sign of bulging/swelling or if it’s normal. 

For context, I have used it while plugged in at 100% many times in the past, and it has had very poor battery life, which leads me to think that it will start to swell.

Please let me know asap.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP states that battery swelling is a normal course of battery wear.

Follow the guidance at the link below.

HP Notebook PCs - Swelling or deformation of notebook battery | HP® Support

I recommend that you replace the battery before the swelling gets worse and starts stressing out the internal components and top cover.

One of the things you can do to minimize the occurrence of battery swelling is not to leave the notebook plugged in 24/7/365 and leaving the battery in a constant 100% charge state.

The parts list for your notebook indicates you need this battery part number and description:

HP PartSurfer

916811-855
Assembly-battery 3C 41Whr 3.6Ah LI BK
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.