Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-dw1000 Laptop PC (8SU35AV)

Hello, I bought a HP SSD EX900 Pro M.2 drive to swap out with the old M.2 drive. It is M.2 2280 SATA 3, which leads me to my question. Can this laptop use the new hard drive I bought? I looked at the key and it fits no problems just cannot detect it. Thank you for your time. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Intel processor does your notebook have?

If it comes with the Intel Celeron N4020 processor, those models can only support a SATA M.2 SSD like this one:

Amazon.com: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SA510 SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s,...

HP Recommended

Intel Celeron N4020 CPU

HP Recommended

NVMe drives are only supported in the models that come with the Intel Core processors. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.