Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x2 12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello.

I got error message"Wireless Module not supported" when I replaced WWAN card with me936.

ME206(lt4114) initially was installed, but I found me936(lt4110) also is supported in the manual.

I don't know why it doesn't accept me936 and how should I do to work it out.

Do you have any suggestion?

Any comment would be highly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wellesley

The BIOS for that laptop has a White List.

If you do not use an HP authorized part it will not work.

That is why I asked if it has an HP label on it.

The model of the card could be the same but if it does not have an HP part number label on it then it will not work.

This is from the manual.

Description

Spare part number

HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module

761233-005

HP lt4110 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Module

756993-005

CAUTION: To prevent an unresponsive system, replace the wireless module only with a wireless module authorized for use in the slate by the governmental agency that regulates wireless devices in your country or region. If you replace the module and then receive a warning message, remove the module to restore device functionality, and then contact technical support.

REO

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Wellesley

What country are located in???

Did you order this HP part number 756993-005

REO

HP Recommended
I'm in Korea.

I didn't order it from hp, I got it from local it department.

Thank you for being interested in my problem.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Wellesley

First thing I am not sure if that card will work for your region.

Second if it will work you would need to make sure that it has an Hp part number sticker on it.

This is an example of your original one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-SPLIT-X2-13-R-Huawei-ME206-4G-LTE-Wireless-Card-ME206V-561-761233-005-Tes...

REO

HP Recommended
Sales person in local it department said it would work in Korea accordingly.

And thr part number is the same as the product I replied before.

It's not 756993-005 you mentioned though, the card I installed is sure me936 and some HP laptops use.
HP Recommended

@Wellesley

The BIOS for that laptop has a White List.

If you do not use an HP authorized part it will not work.

That is why I asked if it has an HP label on it.

The model of the card could be the same but if it does not have an HP part number label on it then it will not work.

This is from the manual.

Description

Spare part number

HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module

761233-005

HP lt4110 LTE/HSPA+ 4G Module

756993-005

CAUTION: To prevent an unresponsive system, replace the wireless module only with a wireless module authorized for use in the slate by the governmental agency that regulates wireless devices in your country or region. If you replace the module and then receive a warning message, remove the module to restore device functionality, and then contact technical support.

REO

HP Recommended
Thank you REO. It must be white list issue you mentioned. You helped me a lot.

Have a good day.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue with lt4114 in a HP Spectre x2 Detachable PC which comes with this WWAN adapter. I live in Chile and the bands supported in lt4114 are not usable in my country, So I am going to get lt4110 (also supported for my notebook).

Have you solved the issue related to the WWAN module without the part number and the BIOS White List? Checking in Amazon and eBay I have found a couple of ME936 which doesn't have printed the HP part number (although is the same model) but are so much cheaper (USD 60) than the lt4110 in the HP Part Surfer page (more than USD 200)

Best regards.

HP Recommended

Hola, tambien soy chileno y pensaba comprar el me936... tu lo hiciste?

Saludos

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.