Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey,
I have an HP laptop and have an extended warranty(Carepack) until 2018. The ac adapter stopped working yesterday.
I just wanted to know if the AC adapter is covered under the Carepack extended warranty.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @VSShreyas,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to know if the adapter is covered under extended warranty, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you facing issues with your computer?

To the best of my knowledge, the power adapter is covered under extended warranty. 

Recommend you contact our phone support for any service options for the adapter/computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply
Yes the laptop was not charging so i took it to an hp service station. They confirmed that the ac adapter was gone. I called the call centre but they were not very helpful. First they denied that the waranty was still active. Then they said that ac adapter will not be covered. I was to get a call by today but still no call. I am not able to work because of this issue.
Please resolve asap.
Thanks
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
4 days is too long. Just confirm if its covered under warranty. If its not I'll just buy a new one.
Thanks
HP Recommended

Is they provided you new charger

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.