Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it OK to leave the Charger plugged in all the time

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, if you leave your AC adapter plugged in every time, you don't will really damage your laptop, but with the time you can damage your battery. 

So if you newer want to use your computer on battery, you can make this but I think it is damage to have bought a Spectre x360 for kill his battery.. 
However if you don't want to damage a lot your battery, you can for example use your PC on his battery once to 15 days. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

We get this question a lot and reasonable tech people disagree. I say there is no harm in leaving it plugged in. The battery is Smart and has a control chip inside that will cut off power to the battery when it charges to 100%. I have a 4 year old Zbook 15 G3 that is always on. It is at my desk in my office hooked to a docking station so acts as my desktop. I just now replaced the battery after 4 years so I feel like leaving it plugged in all the time did no harm. I do take it off the dock once every 3 or 4 months and power cycle it so maybe that helped. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.