Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP-PROBOOK-650-G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I upgraded the RAM.
I bought a new RAM 4 GB.
The problem is that my device supports 1.35 volts RAM which I purchased is 1.5 volts
When I turn on the computer a message appears warning me that it is not supported.
But when I use the computer I see everything fine.
My question: Is there a problem if I keep using it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's good.

I suppose you can continue to use your notebook for now until the new memory chip arrives.

I suggest not running the notebook for many hours continuously.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 1.5V memory will produce more heat and use more electricity than the 1.35V memory will.

Prolonged use could cause the memory to overheat, potentially damaging the memory or more.

The notebook is telling you that you are using the wrong memory, so I would take the hint.

HP Recommended
Where other problems occur inside the device Such as the processor, motherboard, etc.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I would have no idea what other issues could be caused.

For the cost of replacing a $15 - 20 memory chip for the right kind, I think it is a 'no brainer' decision, rather than to risk a several hundred dollar notebook's life.

See if the seller will exchange it for the right one.

HP Recommended

Yes that's right
I bought another piece and I am waiting for it to arrive

HP Recommended

That's good.

I suppose you can continue to use your notebook for now until the new memory chip arrives.

I suggest not running the notebook for many hours continuously.

HP Recommended

Yes, that's what I will do
I thank you very much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.