Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p248ne
Linux

I'm looking for a battery replacement for my Pavilion 15-p248ne, and I landed on HP's battery finder which showed that I should get an "HPVI04" battery. However, the link provided there just redirects to the main store page.

So I went on Amazon and found this: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B07DXYS9YF
which has bigger capacity than the original but same voltage, how do I know whether it's compatible?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The best way to find a guaranteed compatible for your notebook is by searching with Google or another search engine as I did in the hyperlink below this line. That is a local search and the products, for the most part are in Australia, for your convenience.

https://www.google.com.au/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=eV_nX8POObSf4-EP34WSuAQ&q=+HPVI04%2B756743-...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know that my laptop battery says to replace with a specific part number, and I found matching batteries on Amazon, but the specific one I linked had "VI04" in its name but no replacement part number, so I was wondering if it'd still work.

I can use all the battery capacity I can get, lol.

HP Recommended

if it states that it is V104 compatible it should work. 

I just wondered if you really wanted to order it from as far away from you as Germany and that is why I provided the sources in Australia.

The link you provided was Amazon.de,

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hmm, I hope so!

Haha, I set my region to Australia when I signed up for some reason and forgot about it, thanks for pointing it out.

HP Recommended

You will notice that I stated "should", not will. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.