Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15s-du2077tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I recently replaced the motherboard of my laptop due to water damage. The original motherboard ran Windows 11, but after the replacement, the system indicates that TPM 2.0 is not available. I've ensured that TPM is enabled in the BIOS, but the issue persists.

I reached out to HP Support, but the response has been delayed, and the Virtual Assistant couldn't assist with this specific problem. I have attached some screenshots for reference.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or has insights into resolving the TPM 2.0 availability problem after a motherboard change?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
SAMBIOS.pngPC HEALTH CHECK.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you install an identical systemboard or was there a version difference?

There are ways around the no TPM 2.0 issue.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello ERICO

It was the same version of motherboard there is no change 

HP Recommended
  • If it is the same version, then in BIOS>Security, what are the settings for TPMDevice, TPM State and is Clear TPM set to no?

20231116_215633.jpg

20231116_220009.jpg

 My laptop was born on 07/19

You might need to enter the BIOS  ensure that the settings are correct since it is a replacement system board.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.