Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-J141NR

Good morning.

I have a HP Envy 17-J141NR notebook, and its motherboard is shortcircuited. I have to replace it, but I don't know the right place to buy a new one. It has an id printed rectangle, which says "HannStar J MV-6 94V-0 E89382".

Thanks for your attention. Have a good day.

Carlos Perez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When a laptop gets to a certain age, online used parts are your only choice. The eBay sellers with high credentials are about as trustworthy as any source there is. I buy from them all the time and if it does not work they are very good about making it right. eBay strictly protects buyers. 

HP does not really make schematics available to the public. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Your motherboard:

Equipped with the Intel HM87 Express chipset, the Nvidia N14P-GV2 (GeForce 740M) graphics subsystem with 2-GB of discrete memory, and the Windows 8 Standard operating system 720266-501

HP Parts Store no longer has it in stock.

Service Manual

https://www.ebay.com/itm/720266-001-720266-501-For-HP-Envy-17-M7-J-Intel-Motherboard-100-Tested-Good...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Envy-17-J-Intel-Laptop-Motherboard-w-nVidia-740M-2G-s947-720266-501/1314...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Hello, Huffer.

I want to thank you for answering my question.

I haven't bought online any used parts before. I'm afraid it wouldn't work. Thanks for the service manual. Do you have the board's schematic? I'm technician, I would try to repair it.

Thanks for all. My apologies for my English, it isn't my native tongue. Regards.

Carlos Perez

HP Recommended

When a laptop gets to a certain age, online used parts are your only choice. The eBay sellers with high credentials are about as trustworthy as any source there is. I buy from them all the time and if it does not work they are very good about making it right. eBay strictly protects buyers. 

HP does not really make schematics available to the public. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the info. I'm going to buy the used board you noted me before. I'll report you of any result I'll have with it. I hope to have good luck.

Again, I'm very thankful for your answers. If I can do anything for you from Mar del Plata, Argentina, please feel free to tell me.

Regards.

Carlos Perez

HP Recommended

Hello, Hefner.

It worked! After dealing with some bureaucracy with the postal service, I got the motherboard. I reconnected it, and the notebook works nicely.

I want to thank you again for the advice. I'll have you in mind for future references.

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Carlos Perez

HP Recommended

You are welcome. Enjoy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.