Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15T-j100
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

So I'm making some needed repairs to my older Envy 15t-j100 and think I just need help in locating a part. A while ago, a piece of cell phone managed to become best friends with the screen and resulted in this massive cracked part but upon disassembly it looks like it's just the digitizer for touch since the actual screen underneath is completely okay.

Is this really the case? This is my first time working with a touchscreen laptop, and if this is the case would anyone be able to point me towards getting a replacement part for it?

Thank you!

http://imgur.com/a/JtO5X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

eBay is the cheapest, then comes Amazon here in my country.

Just give a search with part number of the assembly you need in the Google and it would list you online stores stocking it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Touchscreen is spared as whole display assembly only.

Display assembly (includes webcamera/microphone module and wireless antenna cables):
15.6 inch (39.80 cm), BrightView, FHD, LED, TouchSmart touchscreen display assembly : 720550-001

15.6 inch (39.80 cm), BrightView, HD, LED, TouchSmart touchscreen display assembly : 720549-001

Manual: Page 19
h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091768

You could search the HP part number through online stores and see if any of them is selling them digitiser separately.

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Is that what actually is broken in the picture though is the digitizer?

Though I reckon if worse came to worse, a whole display wouldn't be the end of the world either.

HP Recommended

Yes it is the digitiser.

HP Recommended

Oh good, thank you.

You wouldn't happen to know of reliable sites to find parts either by chance?

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

eBay is the cheapest, then comes Amazon here in my country.

Just give a search with part number of the assembly you need in the Google and it would list you online stores stocking it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.