Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

It may be too wide for the Nano to stop it from pulling out in the locked position side to side but what if you stick it in unlocked, turn it 90 degrees and then lock it? Its not as tall as it is wide and the little clips might lock in and keep it from turning. Shot in the dark as I have never used a Nano lock and been probably 10 years since I had a classic K lock. 

HP Recommended

These are my old locks.  Hard to tell with the 1 with the yellow ring but obvious with the red ring 1 that once I insert, I can only turn it 45 deg.  It has to go 90 deg to be able to lock.  

So regular locks don't fit and can't turn 90 deg and the Nano is too small for the slot.

2019-04-26 16.05.02.gif

2019-04-26 16.05.43.gif

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

It may be too wide for the Nano to stop it from pulling out in the locked position side to side but what if you stick it in unlocked, turn it 90 degrees and then lock it? Its not as tall as it is wide and the little clips might lock in and keep it from turning. Shot in the dark as I have never used a Nano lock and been probably 10 years since I had a classic K lock. 

I did try that.  It does lock when it's 90 deg but it doesn't have the extra pins that other locks have so by hand you can turn it and pop it out like I show.  On the nano, when locked, there is a centre pin that expands the 2 outside locking arms.  They only spread a little, not enough to lock it.

I can see that the older locks are what I need but they only turn 45 deg and they need to turn 90.

HP Recommended

You should probably mark one of your own posts as the solution as this I think is something that needs to be better known. 

Sorry we could not help more. It's hard to anticipate that there would be a manufacturing defect. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

You should probably mark one of your own posts as the solution as this I think is something that needs to be better known. 

Sorry we could not help more. It's hard to anticipate that there would be a manufacturing defect. 

I don't understand how accept as solution will help but I'll trust that you know this will help.

Thanks for your time and trying.

Glad you can see my problem.  I hope someone at HP does.  Out of warranty but it is a manufacturing defect.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it will not help you but it will help others. When something is accepted as solution it gets higher precedent in web searches so anybody who searches for anything like "Kensington lock slot does not work" will see this discussion and my link to the prior thread and have some information to go on including being alerted that their lock slot may have been badly manufactured. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.