Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15 cx-0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my son was playing games on my laptop and the W key broke on the connection tab and I am unable to put it back on due to being broke. I have looked online and cannot find a replacement single key and or entire keypad. Looking for any help possible here as I enjoy this laptop but find it hard to use without a w key XD

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ThaBeefs,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for a replacement keyboard for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You can purchase all the replacement parts available for your computer from the HP part surfer.

Follow the steps in the below article for detailed instructions.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372736

Or you can contact support and they will assist you in getting the keyboard replaced.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
-N/A-

L20671-001 TOP COVER CFL-H Acid Green W/KB BL US

this is what im shown .... naturally HP doesnt even sell me the parts that i need for my laptop that i purchased from them.....

would be nice if they would actually service an item that they produced

HP Recommended

@ThaBeefs That's the correct part number: L20671-001 and if it isn't available on the HP Parts Store,

you may order the replacement parts locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...

as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.