cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
E7xpert
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Keyboa

HP Recommended
Hp envy 15 as104 na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there recently i had my laptop keyboard damaged cause of a liquid spilling on it  any way I tried to clean it with alcohol from out side but unfortunately it didn’t work any way I decided to take the keyboard out and change it with new one unfortunately when i took the motherboard  and the other components to reach the keyboard i was very surprised that the keyboard has no screws at all and it is fused to the main case of the laptop and the LCD holders actually if you remove  the fuses there is no way to get it back as original the keyboard & screen holders will get loose actually I don’t understand why hp manufactured the keyboard this way i am very disappointed of this any ideas on how to fuse the keyboard back as it was 

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
99,975 39,016 12,991 27,295
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@E7xpert 

You CAN'T change keyboard alone, you have to replace the whole TOP. That why you can't remove the keyboard as one part.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
E7xpert
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there 

thanks for your reply first 

i searched on internet for the top part with keyboard I didn’t find anything after that i just found one website sells laptop keyboards i found same model only keyboard in my opinion it is something disappointing from HP the topper case is main part of the laptop why would they force their customers to change all the case just for keyboard and it is expected yhat the keyboard will get damaged by liquid or hardware fault 

many thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation