Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My keyboards and mouse not working anymore but the screentouch is working well, how do I activate the keyboard and mouse?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I recommend that you try to find drivers in your device support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2-notebook-pc/14169372

Try Windows Update. Next step might require an external mouse,

If that doesn't work, open Device Manager. Search 'Device Manager' in search bar on the taskbar.

Device ManagerDevice Manager

Open the Mice menu and right-click 'Standard PS/2 Mouse' or 'Synaptics Touch Pad' (whichever is applicable ) and click update.

Then a dialog-box will appear and then click 'Search for drivers on Internet '.

Do the same for the keyboard.

If this does not work, there is a chance that your hardware has gone bad.

I am not an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

You can try to uninstall the keyboard driver, and then re-download

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.