Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

As "ae_user" mentioned, @Echo_Lake, there is no advanced tab in the F.12 bios ... 20190914_122625.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@I_am_Allan
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• What is the exact issue with computer?
  • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. The 'exact' issue is: Lack of control of the keyboard lights and the lack of control of fan speed.

2. Tried upgrading and then downgrading the UEFI/BIOS.

3. Tried OMEN Command Center (which is supposed to work on the Pavillion Gaming laptop...)
Tried ASUS Aura
Searched the Web.

Posted here.

HP Recommended

@I_am_Allan
thank you for posting back 

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you tried system softwre restore options?

If its a saftware realated issue you can reinstall windows opearting system which will reinstall original factory shipped sofware and drivers.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 to perofrm system factory rescovery.

Note: Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake no offence ... it never worked fin.
This isn't a windows problem, it's an HP Problem, and their lack of software for their laptops.

HP Recommended

@I_am_Allan

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i returned the laptop to BestBuy and bought an Asus G531GT "Hero III".  Not perfect, but, certainly better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.