1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard light up key (f5) shuts down my computer - HP Spectre 360

HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day

When I press F5 to light up key board, it is shutting down the machine automatically. This only started happening from today morning. It was working fine all along. 

Could you please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard light up key (f5) shuts down my computer - HP Spectre 360

@Mallela Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Do you get any error messages before the computer turns off? If not, I suggest you connect an external keyboard, disable the internal keypad from the device manager and then, hit the key thats turning off the device and check if it still does the same thing, this way, we can identify if this is either an issue with the internal keypad or if its a software issue.

If the external keyboard works fine and the PC doesn't shut down as such or you don't have an external keyboard: Run a hardware test using the below steps:

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests.

Click Keyboard Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If the same issue occurs on the external keyboard as well: Update the BIOS, Chipset I/o drivers using the HP website by clicking here and check if it works.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation