Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0059TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have an issue where occasionally when I let go of a key, the computer still thinks it's pressed and I have to press and release again for the computer to detect that I released the key. This is really annoying especially when playing fast paced video games. I believe this is a debouncing (or lack thereof) issue. Is there any way to fix this? Windows does have filter bounce key option in ease of access but this doesn't seem to solve the issue at all (and the delay time is way too long as well.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bradlez

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing an issue with the keyboard.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Does this happen only in the games?

Meanwhile, update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and restart the computer.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For some reason I have 4 keyboards listed in device manager. I uninstalled all keyboard drivers and restarted the computer. The issue doesn't seem to have been fixed. I still get occasional missed inputs. I have a feeling this isn’t limited to games only.

HP Recommended

@bradlez

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.