Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi @prashantsingh75,

I reviewed the case comprehensively. Excellent troubleshooting, brilliant effort and great patience have been displayed by you to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that and it is greatly appreciated. 🙂 As @@sandytechy20 is out of office, I am taking over from here.

Please try these steps:

Please right-click on start> then left>click on device manager from the list.

• Expand Keyboard option by left clicking on it.
  • Right-click on the keyboard driver and uninstall it.
  • Then restart the computer and check if the issue gets resolved.
  • If it continues, please try with an external USB keyboard and check if that works correctly or the external keyboard also stops working when connected to Wifi.
  • If the external keyboard also does the same thing, please follow the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2syrdiE to perform a system refresh on your computer without losing data.
  • This should do the trick for you.
  • Later please update the wireless card drivers also from the manufacturer's website. if you got it replaced through HP please visit this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @DavidSMP

Thank you for your reply and thank you for the appreciation.:manvery-happy:

I uninstalled the drivers and restarted the system but the problem still persists. Also note that I have to switch on the Airplane mode to use the keyboard. Even if the laptop is not connected to the Wifi, it doesn't work till I switch on the Airplane mode. On switching off the airplane mode the keyboard doesn't works.

I don't have an external keyboard so I won't be able to try the 4th step mentioned by you. I am thinking of going to the 5th step i.e., perform a system refresh and then the last step i.e., updating the Wifi card drivers.

HP Recommended

Hi @prashantsingh75,

I read your response. It was great working with you.  You've displayed great patience and terrific technical skills to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 Please try these steps and let me know how it worked.

As a last resort, please backup all your files and perform a complete system recovery to factory settings only to isolate the issue to not being hardware related with the Wifi card or keyboard.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @DavidSMP

Thank you for your reply and taking out time for me.

I did everything as you advised but the problem is still there. Updated the wifi adapter too.

I haven't done a complete system recovery yet. Won't be able to backup because I don't have a hard drive at the moment.

How should i do the complete system recovery? It is formatting the system, right?

HP Recommended

Hi@prashantsingh75,

I was away on my weekend and could not respond immediately. I read the quick post. Thanks for displaying tremendous patience and excellent efforts to try and resolve the issue. You've done a commendable job so far and it is greatly appreciated. Kudos to you for that. Please try to perform these steps to check if the keyboard works in the command prompt of recovery manager so that we can clearly isolate the issue then, Please keep wifi on when you do it.

Steps:

• Power down the unit. When you power it back up, immediately tap the F11 key gently several times.
  • It takes you to recovery manager. Here please select the option “Troubleshoot”. Then please select “Advanced options “ and “command prompt”
  • Type all the keyboard characters in this black window especially the keys that do not work correctly.
  • If F11 does not take you to recovery manager, please keep tapping the “ESC” gently several times the instant you power on the unit. It takes you to the startup menu and you could press F11 from there to go to recovery manager.

If the keyboard still does not work in recovery manager with the Wifi turned on, then the computer has a hardware issue. The wireless card or keyboard needs to be replaced. IF it works in the command prompt of recovery manager then Please back up your files and perform a  system recovery to factory settings from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-d000-notebook-pc-series/6529963/model/6622214/document/c0... and follow the guided troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @DavidSMP

Thank you for your valuable time and guidance.

Yes, I followed the steps mentioned by you and except the right navigation key all other keys are working in the command prompt window when the Wifi was kept on. Please note that I had done this earlier in the component test/ Hardware test and got the same results.

Also note that since the occurence of this problem the right navigation key is facing issues and sometimes irrespective of wifi on or off the key behaves as if it is kept pressed for a longer duration. For example, when I am typing or working on MS Word, the cursor on its own starts running to the right. (I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.) In some instances it happened while playing videos, the video went on fast-forward to the end on its own. But this has not happened again.

I know that through your help, the problem will be resolved.

Have a great weekend. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @prashantsingh75,

I reviewed the post. brilliant troubleshooting.  Kudos to your infinite patience, terrific efforts and tremendous troubleshooting skills. It is very simple. The right navigation key may have a hardware problem as they work intermittently and did not work in the command prompt also.

To make things simple, try with an external USB keyboard and if that works with the Wifi connected, then either the wireless card or the keyboard has a problem and needs to be checked by contacting HP phone support.

• HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
  • (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My name is Krish and I am having the exact same problem of Keyboard stopped working when WL is ON for my HP 15-f010wm. I went through the discussion in these columns. Was the problem fixed? what was the solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.