Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have HP Pavilion 17 and certain keys on keyboard don't work. If I take out the keyboard from the case those keys work. Right after putting keyboard in the case those certain keys on keyboard don't work. Thanks for your time and help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bernbala 

you can try to test your keyboard with next STEPS to verify if it works, if it failed and issue still persist, you can try to replace your keyboard.

Here you have the part of your keyboard to replace

857468-001

This part includes "Top cover with keyboard and TouchPad (full-size standard 3-coat paint island-style, backlit with numeric keypad)"

Hope solve your doubts, if yes let me know it, regards!

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

The keyboard works perfectly unless put into the case. I guess there is a contact problem, there maybe some grounding problem, as right side of the keyboard (where there are contacts) touches the case, p ; ' keys stop working. I will try troubleshooting as you suggested. Thanks

HP Recommended

Troubleshooting didn't work. The problem remains. I wonder if I can somehow prevent keyboard contact strip from touching the laptop case.

HP Recommended

if issue still persist, and if your HP computer is less than 1 year you bought it, you can try to contact tech support team to get a solution.

hope solve your doubts, if yes let me know it

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.