Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
bs1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, my laptop has a broken keyboard, aka the "D" key doesn't work. My model doesn't come with a backlit keyboard. Is it possible to replace my keyboard with a backlit keyboard? My laptop is an hp 15-bs1xx , with an i5-8250u and AMD radeon r5-m330 2gb graphics. I just want to replace the keyboard only, the palmrest and touchpad are ok. I also live in India so can you send me a link for the keyboard? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KrishSatpati Did you check if the issue occurs on an external keyboard?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

I recommend you attempt the below steps to identify the cause of the failure and resolve it accordingly:

• Try changing the keyboard layout/language and check if it works: Click here for steps.
  • Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust. 
  • Shut down the laptop, remove the battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds
  • Replace the battery, restart the notebook,
  • if the issue persists, perform an interactive hardware test on the keyboard using the steps mentioned on this link: Click here (look under "Running Component Tests > Keyboard test").

If the test fails, you can find the part number on the HP Parts Surfer & replace the parts on the HP Parts Store.

Or write back to me for alternate solutions to getting it fixed via HP.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.