Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Entertainment PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the recent update my keyboard is performing differently when trying to type symbols. E.g. the questionmark on the keyboard is located on the Shift+slash key (below right), but is now coming out at the Shift+hyphen key (upper right). The & symbol is at the Shift+7 key, but comes out on the Shift+6 key. How can I restore the correct keyboard settings?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WimC

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you reinstall the keyboard driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Keyboard and expand the List
- Look for Keyboard driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall. Restart your Notebook and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep posted how it goes

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.