Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m6 aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My keyboard and touchpad passed the UEFI diagnostic but even after checking it does not work. And also I have a problem with the rotation sensor of my laptop it does not work neither. Thanks for helping,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @drewgar_7, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand keyboard and touchpad have stopped functioning on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard and mouse?

As you mentioned keyboard and touchpad have stopped functioning on your laptop.

Try the steps recommended below.

Update the BIOS and Intel integrated sensor drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, update the Intel integrated sensor driver using this link.

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings (of current selected plan) -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> USB Selective Suspend Setting -> Disable (both)

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings (of current selected plan) -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> PCI-Express -> Link State Power Management -> Disable (both)

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues with your PC.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thaks for helping but I tried everything that you said me and nothing worked

HP Recommended

@drewgar_7, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

Try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and check if that helps.

Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75083.exe

Also, try changing few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

If the issue still persists try performing a complete system recovery on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I´ve tried all the steps but neither the Keyboard or touchpad or rotation worked. Thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

@drewgar_7, Thanks for you quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Did you perform a complete system recovery on your PC?

If you have performed a recovery from the recovery partition and if the issue still persists.

It looks like some of the registry files might have got corrupted. Please contact HP and order a set of recovery discs and try performing recovery using the recovery discs.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried it. I reinstall the operative system (windows 10). However, keyboard and rotation still don´t work but touchpad did it (worked). What should I do? Thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

Hi @drewgar_7,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This issue may require a one to one interaction over the phone.

Hence, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support at this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.