Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer is about 2 months old. Worked fine when suddenly the keyboard became disabled. The on screen keyboard is available.Is there a software  'feature' that disables the keyboard? One I may have inadvertantly tripped?   I can still return the laptop but time is of the essence.  Any thoughts?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The answer did not resolve the problem but defined it. the Device Manager reported that everything was functioning normally. Keyboard still didn't work.  I was 2 days away from Costco full refund return policy expiring. So I returned it.

Thank you for your help. Very appreciative.

Joe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The keyboard became disabled you say?  look in device manager under keyboard and see if it is disabled.  If you do not see the keyboard option then i feel like the keyboard is defective and your best bet is to have the laptop replaced.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

The answer did not resolve the problem but defined it. the Device Manager reported that everything was functioning normally. Keyboard still didn't work.  I was 2 days away from Costco full refund return policy expiring. So I returned it.

Thank you for your help. Very appreciative.

Joe

HP Recommended

Not a problem.  usually if the computer is only about a month old or a few months old it can usually be considered a defect and can be covered under a warrenty or a return and replace depending on where you bought it from.

HP Recommended

the same prbem happened t me. I bught my cmputer abut 2 years  ag but this prbem started yearier. there is n fficia supprting center in my cuntry s dnt knw what t d it is s annying when sme essentia keys simpy dnt wrk

HP Recommended

Im sorry but your writing a little but difficult to under stand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.