Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay196nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The problem is best described as the screen having a seizure and I can't do anything. I think it's caused by everything being pressed at once (I have a problem with keys get stuck in down position) and my laptop is essentially "possessed." The screen scrolls randomly, cursor moves around or disappears and reappears. Plus there are little blinking/flashing dots/circles over the screen, especially in the corners/edges. Hardware or software I know not. Any suggestions? Is there a word for this problem? I can't turn it off obviously, and must wait for battery to drain. When plug it in and turn it on it's better.

It's a HP 15-ay196nr Laptop, 15.6" Touchscreen, Intel® Core™ i7 with Windows® 10 Home.

Lost,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GeminiBusiness , welcome to the forum.

I am going to give you the award for the most innovative description of a problem that I have read in these Forums!!

:Award_Gold: 

I laughed from the first words. :Wink:

I believe that this is most likely a software problem.  However, I am not certain.  There is not an updated driver for the keyboard, however.  You may have to do a full HP System Recovery using the software that you made when you bought the laptop.  Before you begin you should backup your personal data.  Not only could this solve your problem, but it will make your laptop run like new again since it is going on three years old.  If it is not a software problem, it may require a keyboard replacement.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GeminiBusiness , welcome to the forum.

I am going to give you the award for the most innovative description of a problem that I have read in these Forums!!

:Award_Gold: 

I laughed from the first words. :Wink:

I believe that this is most likely a software problem.  However, I am not certain.  There is not an updated driver for the keyboard, however.  You may have to do a full HP System Recovery using the software that you made when you bought the laptop.  Before you begin you should backup your personal data.  Not only could this solve your problem, but it will make your laptop run like new again since it is going on three years old.  If it is not a software problem, it may require a keyboard replacement.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

lolol Thanks but I can't take any credit, the award should go to my Notebook for being a @%&$~&*.
I'm sending it back.

Thanks,

JJ

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @GeminiBusiness !

I have to admit that is a very funny laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.