Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2J4V9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP 15-ef2126wm laptop open-box and within hours of using it the left click has gotten to the point where it gets stuck down easily. It's basically unusable at this point and I have to use taps to use the mouse button function. I tried opening up the case and changing the screw tightness and looking for other potential problems but I wasn't able to fix the issue. The touch pad is the L63600-001.

This is part of the reason I try really hard to avoid single-click touchpads when buying a laptop, but at this point 90% of all laptops are single-click only and I couldn't find an equivalent affordable laptop with individual buttons. It's crazy that even now, non-Apple single-button touchpads are STILL badly designed.

I would really like to find a way to permanently solve this problem. It does feel like the right click has no issues, so it makes me think maybe I could take the whole touch pad and bend it in a way that give the left click more spring leverage? Another solution could be a touchpad housing with individual click buttons that would fit in the same place of the existing touchpad. I doubt that exists but if it does I would immediately buy that part.

s-l640.jpg

Changing screw tightness at the top and botton in various ways doesn't really help the problem after the case is fully closed. It does help as I'm testing the touchpad with the bottom case still off. So the tightness of the bottom case is possibly putting enough pressure to mess with the operation of the touchpad. Yet the right click works fine even with the case on, so I don't really know what's going on.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The problem has gotten progressively worse and now I have to unstick the left click constantly to use the touchpad. As a result I am buying some springs and will reply back with the best fitting one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.