Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

About 2 days ago, my laptop started shutting down whenever the battery dropped around 50%. Then, while I was working on my laptop, the battery was 100% and I unplugged the charger. Upon unplugging, the laptop shut down right away. Ever since, the laptop works whenever the charger is plugged in, but once I unplug it, it shuts down even though the battery is at like 89%; it's been stuck at 88-89%.

Now, the battery must have gone bad and I was looking for a replacement but I'm stuck. I've searched for batteries related to the laptop's Product Name, Serial Number, and Product Number, but I can't find a replacement.  I took the battery out and looked for some numbers but was still unsuccessful. 

Anyway, if it helps, the laptop info is:

Product Name: HP Notebook

Serial Number: [removed per Rules Of Participation]

Product Number: W7B99UA#ABL. 

The battery said the following:

"Replace with HP spare 807956-001"

"CT: 6FRPV03TZ27OLM" Manufactured 2016/05

R-41022039 (This was displayed in the middle of the battery).

Regulatory Model Number: HSTNN-DB71

I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Battery check and it said:

Type               ->Instance                -> Failure ID                             -> Result

Battery Check -> 1 -> PTX83W-882982-XD7X7G-C0AG13 -> Failed

I tried googling the Failure ID but came up with nothing. 

Anyhow, I bought the laptop in Fall 2016. It has all my school stuff on it and I can't lose it. I have a lab on Monday and even buying another laptop won't work, because the required files etc. are on this laptop. 

Where can I find the battery for this laptop? Could someone please help me locate it?

Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@asdads

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question, can you give me suggestions on what type of battery I should buy, better and last longer than the old battery?

HP Recommended

@NeL04

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

45661534_277246963132541_6004462531479863296_n.jpg45549832_189809381899281_7254199251842891776_n.jpg

45593370_2158766441032096_5822832401801281536_n.jpg

Hi. Please help me. I need battery replacement for my laptop. Where can I buy one?

Here I attach my images of my laptop model and battery model for you to see.

I'll wait for your response.

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@Tonieszka

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

This is related to the hardware of the notebook.

I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support for the battery depending on the product that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem/same computer.  Could someone share what they did in order to fix the issue?  

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same problem and wanted to see where I could buy a new battery please help 

HP Recommended

I see you were able to respond with a private message to the first  person, yet can’t respond to me.  Is this the quality of service I should continue to expect from HP?

HP Recommended

Hey can you personally help me out in getting a replacement 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.