Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au023cl (ENERGY STAR)

So I've had this laptop for a while now (a few years) and about a week ago I was playing a game and then it stopped charging and whenever I plug it in it only charges for a little while. It does charge when it is shut down/sleeping though. I have updated the BIOS ( which was 4 years old ) and that didn't work. I have looked at other posts but nothing really worked. The warranty on this computer is expired so I took it apart to look at the battery, and it looked pretty bad ( It has dents like it was hit with a hammer from the inside ) and I didn't any pictures, but I put it back together and everything still works, just nothing has fixed it. If you want I can take a picture of the battery and add that, but anything helps. I understand if it is just out of date and I need to get a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CharlieDoodle

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that the computer is a few years old and I am assuming that you have never replaced the battery on the computer so most probably the battery might have gone bad. However, I recommend you run a test on the battery following the steps in the below article to make sure whether the battery is bad.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CharlieDoodle

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that the computer is a few years old and I am assuming that you have never replaced the battery on the computer so most probably the battery might have gone bad. However, I recommend you run a test on the battery following the steps in the below article to make sure whether the battery is bad.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.