Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello again,

Thanks for the instructions. The issue seems to be resolved. In Windows too, I now see that when the battery reaches to 100%, the charging led turns white. 

However, I see one issue which may not be relevant to battery but I wanted to ask about anyway. When the driver you asked me to remove is gone, the screen does not dim in dark web pages (which is actually my preference). In other words, my screen has this habit of dimming itself when viewing dark pages which makes me increase the screen brightness. Then when I switched to bright pages, I have turn it back down which is very frustrating. What is the cause of this dynamic adjustment and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hello @ukergin 

>When the driver you asked me to remove is gone

This "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver was installed automatically the first time Windows was started after calibration, don't worry!

The first software is only for diagnostics. The second is for Windows to communicate with the Bios. This should not have any effect on your current problem.

Please check the <power options>. If you are running the notebook on battery power only, what do you see when you click on battery in the bottom right of the taskbar? What is the position of the slider?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The slider reads "on battery: Battery saver". However, what I described happens in "best performance" setting as well. What this dynamic adjustment? 

HP Recommended

Take time and dive into this:

How to Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information. However, I already how to set these. The problem is when I view dark web pages the screen brightness is turned down automatically and turned back up automatically when switch to lighter web pages. And this happens independent of the modes in the slider. Therefore, it happens just as in Best Performance as in Battery Saver. This anomaly was gone when you asked me to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. But since after it was automatically installed back, the problem came back. What feature is this? And how do I turn it off?

HP Recommended

@ukergin wrote:

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information. However, I already how to set these. The problem is when I view dark web pages the screen brightness is turned down automatically and turned back up automatically when switch to lighter web pages. And this happens independent of the modes in the slider. Therefore, it happens just as in Best Performance as in Battery Saver. This anomaly was gone when you asked me to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. But since after it was automatically installed back, the problem came back. What feature is this? And how do I turn it off?

This is --->>> Adaptive brightness

Read -> How to Turn Off Auto-Brightness on Your PC

Good luck

HP Recommended

Hello Ub6424,

I tried what you suggested, but I do not have Adaptive Brightness feature. What do you think is causing the dimming?

Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

@ukergin wrote:

Hello Ub6424,

I tried what you suggested, but I do not have Adaptive Brightness feature. What do you think is causing the dimming?

Thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome !

I cannot answer that question. HP warranty valid -> Please contact HP Support

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.