Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2249wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was looking into hardware upgrades for my mother's laptop.  It runs slow and won't load video very well.  Trying to see what is available for hardware upgrades for this laptop.  Memory is maxed at 8GB.  Thinking processor or graphics card.  Which ones, and where to buy.

Product name:   HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Serial number:   Told not to include.  I have it if it's needed

Product number:   C2N47UA#ABA

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor:  AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70 GHz

System Memory:  8GB

Graphics Card:  AMD Radeon HD 7520G

System Board:  1849 57.35

System BIOS:  F.26

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Harp101Harp .
Your computer supports at most 8 gb of ram, so you have already reached the limit, however you can replace the HDD with a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD and you should purchase the one with the best read and write speed.

SSD's compatible crucial brand:
https://eu.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/pavilion-g6-2249wm#ssd

The processor in your computer you can replace it with any of the following:
● AMD A10-4600M processor (3.2 GHz/2.3 GHz, 1600 MHz/4 MB L2 cache, DDR3, quad core, 35W) 683046-001
● AMD A8-4500M processor (2.8 GHz/1.9 GHz, 1600 MHz/4 MB L2 cache, DDR3, quad core, 35W) 683048-001

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Harp101Harp .
Your computer supports at most 8 gb of ram, so you have already reached the limit, however you can replace the HDD with a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD and you should purchase the one with the best read and write speed.

SSD's compatible crucial brand:
https://eu.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/pavilion-g6-2249wm#ssd

The processor in your computer you can replace it with any of the following:
● AMD A10-4600M processor (3.2 GHz/2.3 GHz, 1600 MHz/4 MB L2 cache, DDR3, quad core, 35W) 683046-001
● AMD A8-4500M processor (2.8 GHz/1.9 GHz, 1600 MHz/4 MB L2 cache, DDR3, quad core, 35W) 683048-001

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

Do you have a favorite company to order the processor from?  I checked a few, including hp.com, and there were none in stock.

HP Recommended

@Harp101Harp .

You can check if you can get the part on Amazon, Ebay, Mercado Libre, Aliexpress or any other online store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.