Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0147ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, how could I know how many ram slots is in my laptop(15-da0147ur), and how many is occupied by memory, because I waited for my warranty to go out on an another hp laptop(15-ra023ur), bought a 4 gb RAM stick to upgrade 4+4, because windows and software such as Speccy showed that there are 2 RAM slots, 1 occupied, 1 free, and I decided to upgrade. But how disappointed I become after teardown and realizing that there are only 1 ram slot. So software on HP Laptops is lying about actual number of RAM slots. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The 15-da0147ur has two slots since it has an Intel Core (i3) processor:

Manual 

see p. 2. 

The 15-ra023ur is a very low end Pentium N series system and those almost always have a single slot. 

Service Manuals are available here for download and I can also say you opened it after you bought the memory so presumably could have opened it before. Speccy is not HP software so not sure how speccy translates into HP's lying about something. When these motherboards are made the internal circuitry could support 2 memory modules but on the low end systems the factory only attaches actual slots for one module. Specification apps like speccy will still detect 2 memory slots. 

Please before you do anything else with your laptop let's discuss it to be sure you are getting compatible memory and are not going to be disappointed. That is why we are here and always happy to help. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The 15-da0147ur has two slots since it has an Intel Core (i3) processor:

Manual 

see p. 2. 

The 15-ra023ur is a very low end Pentium N series system and those almost always have a single slot. 

Service Manuals are available here for download and I can also say you opened it after you bought the memory so presumably could have opened it before. Speccy is not HP software so not sure how speccy translates into HP's lying about something. When these motherboards are made the internal circuitry could support 2 memory modules but on the low end systems the factory only attaches actual slots for one module. Specification apps like speccy will still detect 2 memory slots. 

Please before you do anything else with your laptop let's discuss it to be sure you are getting compatible memory and are not going to be disappointed. That is why we are here and always happy to help. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for answer, and provided material, I was not gonna blame HP for it’s software lying, I wanted to say that this software is not saying true on HP Laptops, I know that it’s not original HP software, so I’m sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.