Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (1E870AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I recently bought a HP laptop (15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (1E870AV) )Which came with 8 GB DDR4 2666Mhz ram and AMD Ryzen 5 4500U. I needed more RAM so I decided to look for a 16GB kit (2x8) with at least the same frequency that I had before. I looked it up in AMD's website for my processor and it is able to handle up to 3200Mhz, so that's what I got. I now have it installed and working well. However, it's only running at 2666Mhz. Any Idea why this is happening? I tried to look at the manual and I only found my laptop with an older gen Ryzen, which didn't support 3200Mhz. I also tried to fix it from the BIOS, but it didn't have advanced menu available.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NicolasEQ wrote:

... Which came with 8 GB DDR4 2666Mhz ram ...

@NicolasEQ 

You can install higher speed RAM but it will run at 2666MHz as from its specs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.