Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0255ur (4RQ61EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wanna do some upgrades. In the official specifications doesn't mentioned about M.2 slot for SSD. What type of solid drive should I pick? (I'm not so good in tech, so, can you give the examples?)

Another one – HDD, stock HDD has 5400 rounds per min, can I upgrade it to 7200? And what type of SATA interface should I take? Will it run SATA3? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wollene 

>>>> In the official specifications doesn't mentioned about M.2 slot for SSD

Your machine is a Single storage with HDD, The chance to have M.2 slot is 50/50. You only know when open the case. If you wish to install M.2 SSD you would need the following parts (if not pre-installed):

• Solid-state drive bracket part # L20458-001
  • Solid-state drive connector board part #  L22542-001
  • Solid-state drive cable part #  L20456-001

>>>>  stock HDD has 5400 rounds per min, can I upgrade it to 7200?

Yes but why not go directly to SSD. 7200RPM (and bigger cache) is a bit faster than 5400RPM but won't be equal to SSD speed. Any 2.5" SSD should work BUT please use Crucail MX500 or Samsung 860 EVO series SSD's.  The interface is SATA 3 (or SATA III).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wollene 

>>>> In the official specifications doesn't mentioned about M.2 slot for SSD

Your machine is a Single storage with HDD, The chance to have M.2 slot is 50/50. You only know when open the case. If you wish to install M.2 SSD you would need the following parts (if not pre-installed):

• Solid-state drive bracket part # L20458-001
  • Solid-state drive connector board part #  L22542-001
  • Solid-state drive cable part #  L20456-001

>>>>  stock HDD has 5400 rounds per min, can I upgrade it to 7200?

Yes but why not go directly to SSD. 7200RPM (and bigger cache) is a bit faster than 5400RPM but won't be equal to SSD speed. Any 2.5" SSD should work BUT please use Crucail MX500 or Samsung 860 EVO series SSD's.  The interface is SATA 3 (or SATA III).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.