Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion X360

Hello,

I have a hp laptop but accidently my HP laptop screen got broken. Now, my laptop's warrenty in expired. Can you help me with the proper guidence for my HP laptop screen replacement.

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Honestly, if you are already into technical blogs and repairs you must give it a try, there are so many DIY guides available these days. DIY videos are also recommended for this as you may find thousands of them on youtube. Yet I must tell you If accidental damage is covered under your laptop’s warranty, don’t do this fix yourself. Get the laptop repaired under the warranty. Again for those Not-so-techy friends out there, better not to take a chance with your laptop.

Flat working area ( Table ) : You’ll need a spot to sit with a flat area to work on your laptop, Preferably a table. Find a clean and noise free space so that you can concentrate.

Small-head magnetic Philips screwdriver: Not small like a mini screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit, but I’d say between that size and a mid-sized screwdriver would work. If you don’t have a magnetic-head screwdriver, try to find a magnet big enough to magnetize the driver head. This helps the screws stick to the head, making it much easier to remove and replace the screws without cursing as they fall all over the place.

Safety pin or needle: This is for removing the cover stickers that are hiding the screws on your laptop’s surrounding cover, called the bezel.

Plastic putty knife or other thin object: This is optional, to aid in prying apart the screen bezel from the case. Personally, my finger nails usually do the trick. If you do use another object, ensure it’s thin enough but not so sharp that it will leave scrapes or other evidence of prying.

Small bowl or other container: This is for stashing the small screws—and keeping them safe from curious cats and children.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Need the full model number. There are lots of x360s including ones with different sized screens. Touchscreen? Post back if you need help with that:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick message. 

My laptop model no is HP Pavilion X360 13-U005TU Laptop. 

Please note that, i am looking for a hp laptop screen replacement in kolkata, india. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Display
13.3" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

13.3–in, (1920x1280), FHD, UWVA/IPS, white light–emitting diode (WLED), 16:9 ultra wide aspect ratio, AntiGlare, ultra–slim–bent (2.85mm), TouchScreen, Multi–Touch enabled, eDP 856019–001

Your Service Manual

I can find the 1366 x 768 screen but not having any luck finding your FHD screen anywhere. I searched HP Parts Store eBay India, eBay USA, amazon.com and nothing. 

HP Recommended

Honestly, if you are already into technical blogs and repairs you must give it a try, there are so many DIY guides available these days. DIY videos are also recommended for this as you may find thousands of them on youtube. Yet I must tell you If accidental damage is covered under your laptop’s warranty, don’t do this fix yourself. Get the laptop repaired under the warranty. Again for those Not-so-techy friends out there, better not to take a chance with your laptop.

Flat working area ( Table ) : You’ll need a spot to sit with a flat area to work on your laptop, Preferably a table. Find a clean and noise free space so that you can concentrate.

Small-head magnetic Philips screwdriver: Not small like a mini screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit, but I’d say between that size and a mid-sized screwdriver would work. If you don’t have a magnetic-head screwdriver, try to find a magnet big enough to magnetize the driver head. This helps the screws stick to the head, making it much easier to remove and replace the screws without cursing as they fall all over the place.

Safety pin or needle: This is for removing the cover stickers that are hiding the screws on your laptop’s surrounding cover, called the bezel.

Plastic putty knife or other thin object: This is optional, to aid in prying apart the screen bezel from the case. Personally, my finger nails usually do the trick. If you do use another object, ensure it’s thin enough but not so sharp that it will leave scrapes or other evidence of prying.

Small bowl or other container: This is for stashing the small screws—and keeping them safe from curious cats and children.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. 

Could you please share some helpful links to get more help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Well you already gave a solution and your problem is not solved. We can talk all day about how to fix it but without a replacement part its a moot issue. As I said if you are willing to live with a lower resolution screen it looks like that part can be found but not your very nice full HD screen. Can't find it anywhere. We also need to figure out for sure if you need the whole display or maybe just the touchscreen glass and the touch digitizer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.