Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible, Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue with my battery no charnging when it is plugged in. I performed all the tests suggested by an HP Support agent last week and by the Virtual Agent today, I also used both the HP Support Assistant and the HP Hardware Diagnostics. All tests on the battery and adapter shows that the adapter is working properly. It also shows that  battery checks out OK. I ent ahead and purchased a new adapter anyway, because the support agent was pretty convinced that it was the cause of the issue. However, even with the new adapter plugged in, I still see the following message when I mouse over the battery icon: (plugged in, not charging). The adapter is plugged into a wall outlet, not via a UPS or power strip, so that isn't the issue either. Anybody have any idea what I should try next?

Thanks for any help offered!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @CandeeH

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop or printer???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

HP ENVY x360 Convertible

Product Number: M1W62UAR#ABA

HP Recommended

15-u483cl is the model number. 

We need you to run a full diagnostic on the battery. The pass/fail result can be misleading and the test provides a great deal of information about the age and specific health of the battery down to the level of individual cells. 

You can run a battery test from pre-boot diagnostics (esc as you power up then F2 then component tests/power. Or from HP Support Assistant 

HPSA advanced battery test resultsHPSA advanced battery test results

See if you can find the above information about your battery, please. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.