Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 15t-as100

I recently performed aRAM upgrade on my Envy 15t-as100.  Unfortunately, I lost the baggie that I used to store all of the bottom cover screws....  I have searched and have only been able to find what appear to be screw kits for all internal components, but none containing the bottom cover screws.  If anyone can point me to a kit, I would appreciate the help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please post the full model number so we can look up the service manual. That should tell us what size screws you need. You posted 15t-as100 as the model but it should have a couple letters on the end.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hello,

The sticker on the inside of the bottom cover has printed:

Model 15t-as100

ProdID:  w0q62av

Hoping the ProdID helps since there are no additional letters for the model other than above.

HP Recommended

Well sorry the manuals page- manuals  doesn't have a service manual listed.

Can you boot into bios and get the full model number from there?

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

The manual can be found:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05219344

I know that I need the following, but am hoping there is a part number that includes them.  That's what I haven't been able to find.  Nor, have I been able to find these odd sizes in bulk kits of 'laptop screws' from major E-tailer sites

- Two Torx5 M2.0×7.3 screws in the rear corners of the bottom cover
- Four Phillips M2.5×7.8 screws under the rubber foot strip
- Four Torx5 M2.0×5.4 screws on the front edge of the bottom cover

The manual has a screw kit 857820-001 listed, but when I've looked at that at sites that have pictures, I'm unclear whether it includes the bottom cover screws or not.

HP Recommended

Contact HP and for the 
Screw Kit Part # M16008-001

HP Recommended

I ordered the suggested PN.  Unfortunately, it does not contain the screws for the bottom cover.  I have contacted the Americas Parts Store sales.  If they are able to provide me with a correct PN, I will post it for others.

HP Recommended

If all else fails, there are sellers on ebay that sell them, you could contact one with a list of the above screws, substituting Phillips instead of Torx head screws.  No need for Torx head except to irritate users who want to work on their own laptops,

So ask them to give you a price on:

- Two Phillips M2.0×7.3 screws
- Four Phillips M2.5×7.8 screws
- Four Phillips M2.0×5.4 screws

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Posting this in case someone else needs the information.  At the end of the day, the following screws worked just fine:

- Two M2.0×10 screws
- Four M2.5×8 screws
- Four M2.0×6 screws

And were available from a seller on the largest E-tailer site in a bundle of laptop repair screws for ~ $6.00

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.