Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 15-u110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, so my laptop ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2a47w6qkeboo8b/Screenshot_2016-03-12-10-32-16.jpg?dl=0 )<screenshot of all it's technical details only thing different is i have win10.... couple days ago the what i now pin pointed is the fan started making a slight ruttering noise occasionally. i opened it up blew the entire gut clean there's no debris or dust in there at all i didn't see anything loose or dirty, I'm not familiar with how insides of laptops look but.

1)the fan looked like plastic when it gets weak like that iconic white mark you see when u bend a plastic on the under side of the fan its still smooth looking but its not black like the rest of the fan on the very tip of its edges along the length of its blades.

2) the backing of the laptop on the inside looked like heat was i don't know traveling away from what i think is the motherboard (the giant green circuit chip? ) leaving like a tarnished heat spread on the laptop backing on the inside.

3) there appeared to be some sort of copper finisher on some parts of the insides backing but doesn't look like it was needed seeing as though it looked like it was done by spray paint just for looks and finally.

4) the copper coil? that leads to and from the fan and such seems tarnished a bit like someone took a knife to it i rubbed my hand over it to feel it and it felt literally like every other copper pipes I've touched.

So With all that being said there's no drops in how the laptop works it doesn't slow down or anything and today it started buzzing like game controller feedback i shut the laptop off and stuck it in front of a window ac unit it felt like it needed it and i was as scared as a baby in the woods lol. Please help i don't want my laptop to become trash and I'm at a lost of info on parts and such i don't want to pay a fortune on some guy that's probably gonna just replace the fan and send me home. Im a smart cookie so if i get some solid answers and directions I'm sure I could do whatever is needed on my own please and thank you. DANG also I've had it for about 9 months and i only started gaming on it recently.  

but more often then i should i have always forgot to turn the pc off before i sleep. Sorry for long post and weird spacing and such i wanted to cover all details and i didn't want to half post a thought by accident. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

not sure if i closed this thread or not but if not.... quick update all my fan needed was a good cleaning and oiling sounds brand new and spins completely fine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Ok here's the update it is indeed the fan but my new issue is where do i buy a HP envy 15-u110dx cooling fan?:/ 

HP Recommended

@TheGuyWithQuest wrote:

Ok here's the update it is indeed the fan but my new issue is where do i buy a HP envy 15-u110dx cooling fan?:/ 

Check here...

HP PartSurfer

otherwise if you have the fan out go to eBay and match the HP part number to find a replacement there to fix the bad fan.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

not sure if i closed this thread or not but if not.... quick update all my fan needed was a good cleaning and oiling sounds brand new and spins completely fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.