Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-au151nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone, please double check me and confirm that this model was supposed to have an M.2 Expansion slot20190521_160257.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jam7x1 wrote:

... This is where I believe HP sold me a defective unit. It was advertised as a dual storage laptop when I bought it is why I'm pursuing this 2.5 years down the road. Thoughts?

@jam7x1 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05306759

It only has   1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jam7x1

Please also REMOVE the HDD

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@

There is nothing underneath the HDD, just plastic. The spot I am looking at is the solder joints on the bottom left of the board just above the white ribbon cable. It is obviously a M.2 2280 tray for an SSD, but the bus was never soldered on. I will post more detailed pictures tomorrow.

HP Recommended

@jam7x1 

Normally machines with Single storage option don't have M.2 SSD board pre-installed. You have to buy M.2 SSD board (if available).

Parts are available for other series but I can't find parts for this series that means it does not have M.2 storage option at all.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Iga_XMifgOWYrzV4MzQGo4wmEGGxwDq/view?usp=sharing

On page 77 of the text in the Service guide for my notebook, it denotes that all 15-AU models support M.2 SATA III drives ,specifically, regardless of customization options. This is where I believe HP sold me a defective unit. It was advertised as a dual storage laptop when I bought it is why I'm pursuing this 2.5 years down the road. Thoughts?

HP Recommended

@jam7x1 wrote:

... This is where I believe HP sold me a defective unit. It was advertised as a dual storage laptop when I bought it is why I'm pursuing this 2.5 years down the road. Thoughts?

@jam7x1 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05306759

It only has   1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Well, I'm very upset that the service manual and my Notebook's guide both specify that it has a M.2 expansion slot, but HP's specifications contradict it. Thank you for your help. I'll notify Crucial and Samsung that HP provided information that does not verify M.2 compatibility with this series. Thankfully they offer 100% satisfaction policies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.