Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
My hp Pavilion all of a sudden does not react to any input given by the lower half of my laptop(Keyboard, Mousepad, Volume buttons), but the Touchscreen works just fine.
@Floele Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the laptop keyboard and touchpad is not working.
Please perform the hard reset and check.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check
Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Please update the BIOS.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community