Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Well, let me tell you what happened when I tried removing my battery from my hp2000. First off, I have really been unhappy with the whole machine from the start. It was incredibly slow and I was always waiting...waiting...waiting...for pages to load. Anyhow, last night I decided I'd order a new battery for it. I couldn't slide the latch for the life of me. I tried until it hurt my thumb. I couldn't imagine what could be holding it up. I've never had anything like food or drinks near it, so I knew it couldn't be gunked up. I got a screw driver and push as hard as I could and the latch slide broke off. Still the battery wouldn't budge. I got a small Philips head screw driver and tried sliding the lever over and heard a snap. I finally pryed the battery out but now it wouldn't stay in- so I needed to take it down. THEN, I went about rebooting the computer BUT NOTHING! It quickly shuts down and all I have is a black screen! Not even a flicker on the screen! I Am soooo **bleep** mad! What a piece of garbage! I should NOT have had to do all that to get the battery out! If I had accidentally scratched the motherboard doing so- well I shouldn't of HAD to be in that position to be TRYING to pry it out in the first place! I have such a bad taste in my mouth now for HP products. That was the first and now LAST HP products. I am certain by spending the day reading about soooooooo many other HP owners that have had the same EXACT problem as I have with this crappy faulty battery latch. To hear HP customers service people giving is such idiotic and condescending answers like "gently push the latch to the left" AS IF we were so ignorant and stupid and needed to be told "How To" do it properly. WTH? I'm just disgusted- thanks for listening, and I'm glad that no one has damaged their computer the way I have. Hopefully my comment will be read by someone BEFORE they damage theirs also.
HP Recommended
I meant... I needed to TAPE the battery down to hold it in. Sorry for the typo.
HP Recommended
I just googled "hp battery latch stuck". I cannot believe the pages upon pages of complaints! And support has the audacity to insult us with that link.
HP Recommended
Hi.. I had the same problem.. but now I got the little solution for this.. just remove the back cover of the laptop.. then remove the hard-disk & RAM.. Then, now remove the small card (wireless chip) placed near the RAM Slot. Now you can see the battery cover was slightly opened.. That's it.. You done..
HP Recommended

I have the BIG battery on my dv9000, so plastic cards couldn't reach the battery-case joint at the back of the notebook. I grabbed a 1.5-inch wide wood chisel and got that under the battery hump and into the joint.  Prying gently, there were creaking sounds and then the battery popped loose. No damage to case or battery, and I tested the latching mechanism several times, being careful to center the battery in its compartment, and gentle with pushing it into place.

The wide chisel lessened the chance of cracking the case.  It's nice to have this problem behind me. 

A huge thanks to those that provided so many great clues!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.