Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc636TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I bought my laptop, from that time when I open google chrome or microsoft edge it getting too slower.. even when I open facebook in any browser I won't do another work in my laptop. When I see my task manager, it shows disk is using 100% but there are no major application running.. My ram is also getting too much space.. If I play GTA5 in charging mode it running light slower.. So, Now I want to upgrade my laptop in ssd,

I mean I only use ssd for install the windows.

Plz Tell me  Can I get a M.2 NVme ssd for my laptop ?

My product is HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc636TX.. 

Is it support NVme ssd?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Are you sure that's what your Laptop's product name is? Coz I couldn't find any HP laptop listed with that model name(15-cc636TX)!

P.S: I was able to find that your Laptop falls under the HP Pavilion Series 15-cc600 through 15-cc699 and the Maintenance and Service Guide for this series tells about the Storage Support on page 2 in product description. 

As I can see, there is no support for PCIe NVMe in your laptop. However M.2 SATA 3 is well supported.

As long as you're into casual gaming I don't think that you need to worry about lags, GTA5 will run equally smooth on SATA 3 SSD as well. So yes apart from from the OS you also need to install the Game and other resource hungry applications on your SATA SSD only, if you have to experience the pace!

I hope my answer clarifies all your doubts 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you sure that's what your Laptop's product name is? Coz I couldn't find any HP laptop listed with that model name(15-cc636TX)!

P.S: I was able to find that your Laptop falls under the HP Pavilion Series 15-cc600 through 15-cc699 and the Maintenance and Service Guide for this series tells about the Storage Support on page 2 in product description. 

As I can see, there is no support for PCIe NVMe in your laptop. However M.2 SATA 3 is well supported.

As long as you're into casual gaming I don't think that you need to worry about lags, GTA5 will run equally smooth on SATA 3 SSD as well. So yes apart from from the OS you also need to install the Game and other resource hungry applications on your SATA SSD only, if you have to experience the pace!

I hope my answer clarifies all your doubts 🙂

HP Recommended

sorry, My laptop model is Pavilion 15-cc623tx
is it support nvme ssd?

HP Recommended

I see! Still your 15-cc623tx falls under the same 15-cc600 through 15-cc699 series, so the answer remains the same based on the Product Description, NVMe isn't supported. Given the specifications of this laptop I would have expected the PCIe NVMe support but unfortunately the product description suggests otherwise. However if you still want to confirm you may disassemble your laptop(follow steps from page 37) and look for the SSD slot. I had a related question as your's earlier, so I posted my question and attached an image of my SSD slot, so you might wanna check that and understand how a PCIe NVMe slot actually looks like.

Here's the link : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Which-SSD-does-my-motherboard-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.