Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6360b

The problem:

I've had a problem with my ProBook 6360b for a while now, I tried turning it on, it turned on and was working but the battery was low and wasn't charging and I didn't know what to do and the battery ran out. I know my battery life is already bad, that's why I don't use the battery knowing that it can run without the battery. After that, let it charge for some time, tried turning it on again but it didn't turn on.

What I've done to try and fix it:

I've tried fixing it for a really long time now, I tried unplugging the batter and press the power button for 30 seconds or until it turns on, didn't work. I tried unplugging everything, press the power button for some time, replug the battery then do the same process again but with the charger only. I tried resetting the BIOS, I don't know if that worked because it didn't even turn on. 

Other issues that I've encountered before it not turning on:

Firstly the keyboard wasn't working, so I had to use an external mouse and keyboard and turn the entire laptop to a desktop with a monitor, and 4 speakers.

I messed around with the BIOS options, turning on and off stuff I know aren't harmful to the laptop such as the choosing between UEFI or legacy boot, and fastboot, it was working perfectly, but I couldn't skip some warning about the battery life being low so I had to wait 10 seconds for the warning to go away.

More info about the laptop

It's an older laptop, but it was only used for 2 years only, no damage has been to it. I should mention that I don't have a HDD or and SSD connected because I don't think it matters, and that happened once before but turned on after a month, somehow. Is there any possible way for me to fix this laptop of mine?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.