Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
probook 6470b

I have the local Cub Scout Pack's laptop because it will not turn on anymore.

With it plugged in I press the power button and the light on the front edge flashes 9 times and quits.  That's it.

After a while the light comes on blinking amber.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Remove battery and AC adapter and hold down power button 20 seconds. Wait 10 seconds and plug in AC not battery and now try to turn it on. If it will not, looks like a motherboard failure and time to pass the hat to get the Pack a new laptop. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Remove battery and AC adapter and hold down power button 20 seconds. Wait 10 seconds and plug in AC not battery and now try to turn it on. If it will not, looks like a motherboard failure and time to pass the hat to get the Pack a new laptop. 

HP Recommended

Looks like it's time to pass the hat.

Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

This happened on my desktop pc and I had to remove the battery from the motherboard for a bit and then put it back in. After that it booted fine.

Web Designer: Word Finder | Software Engineer | HP User
HP Recommended

Does not work quite the same on a laptop.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.