Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've done a battery test with and without the charger plugged in and it says that the battery is ok. Currently, it says its "plugged in, not charging". What can I do to have it charging when the laptop is on because I can't use it until the power is too low then shut it off and charge it, turn it on and do the same thing. This started happening about two to three months back and i need to figure out how to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help! :generic: It turns out the little pin inside the tip of the chrger was bent and I managed to straighten it out with a small flat head screw driver from an eye glass repair kit. Thanks again :generic:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try disabling and reenabling MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER AND MICROSOFT ACPI COMPLIANT CONTROL METHOD BATTERY

When my battery doesnt show up I do that but I think for you it is the MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER so try that.

DEVICE MANAGER >

HP Recommended

Try disabling and reenabling MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER AND MICROSOFT ACPI COMPLIANT CONTROL METHOD BATTERY

When my battery doesnt show up I do that but I think for you it is the MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER so try that.

DEVICE MANAGER >

BATTERY >

MICROSOFT AC ADAPTER

MICROSOFT ACPI COMPLIANT CONTROL METHOD BATTERY

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help! :generic: It turns out the little pin inside the tip of the chrger was bent and I managed to straighten it out with a small flat head screw driver from an eye glass repair kit. Thanks again :generic:

HP Recommended

Glad to hear its fixed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.