Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6500
Other

Hi all

I have an old HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook in my hands and I want to find the latest BIOS in order to upgrade, but I cannot find any product page for this... any suggestions ?

info:

- HP Pavilion dv6500

- product number : GT464EA#B1A

- system board ID : 30D2

- CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 @2GHz

- BIOS version : F.09

- serial number : CNF7311FGV

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for products over 10 years old.

Here is the link to the final BIOS release for dv6500's with the Intel processors...

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors)

F.5A    Apr 5, 2010
This package contains the WinFlash utility and a System BIOS image for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System environment.

Fix and enhancements:
- Fixes an issue where an "HP Battery Alert" message may be displayed after updating the operating system to a Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.exe

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen and thanks for the answer!

I understand that this .exe should be run under windows OS

Is there a way to flash BIOS under DOS ?

The case is that this laptop has no OS and while trying to install one, strange messages appears, so I should give BIOS update a try.

A link with BIOS update able to install under DOS would be appreciated

regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, the BIOS update is for Windows only, and HP never made any written to be run in DOS.

What version of Windows are you trying to install and what error message are you getting when you go to install Windows?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.