Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Literally would be nice to get some help. I’ve been sitting here for months while my warranty slowly died out, waiting for support to contact me back after I contacted them so long ago.

Anyway- my laptop has been having battery and other issues since day one of my purchase, battery not talking with the motherboard and what not. I decided to not be concerned and just continued using the laptop once it started working again. The funny thing is, it started to not respond at all just recently and blink orange (Amber) and not turn on. I believe this is a common battery failure, from research (and another reason I’ll get into later).  I contacted support about it, and got one response that was the most basic “oh is it a basic software issue that you can solve by turning on and off a certain switch”. I responded with more details and hadn’t got anything since, so I opened the laptop reseat the battery- and it worked for 10 seconds (white soldi light ) and shut off and went back to orange (amber) blinking light. I thought “hey it’s a battery issue, I’ll just buy a new battery (BK03XL)”. it arrived today, and I replaced the battery with ease. It worked. For 30 minutes (and it booted up for the first time in 2 months) before shutting down and going back to blinking lights. I decided to reseat the battery and it boot up again, ran for 15 seconds- shut down and went to blinking lights. During the 15 minute grace period I saw the battery have a Red X, and shortly after a Orange warning triangle above the battery icon. (Oh and shall I note that once I put the new battery in, the laptop worked like new with no faulty battery icons.) So then I thought, for some reason- I’ll just reset to factory default to maybe clear up any defects in the software. Plus my laptop was running slow anyway, and was backed up so I didn’t see a problem resetting. (But before resetting I realized “the battery keeps failing(little do I know it’s a motherboard defect) and I thought, I’ll just run off charger”- so I disabled the driver and the laptop ran normally) I then reset the laptop and it got to 67% before shutting off (no not a mandatory restart) and not turning on 𝘰𝘳 blinking orange. I’ve been randomly getting the laptop to try and start up but it never happened, it just cut off (no display pop ups, it remained off for the time.) so here’s where I am sitting here writing this essay of a cry for help. 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AC3Design

Thank you for posting back.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.