Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy X360 Convertibe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went to install a NVME Samsung 970 today and found No Screw from HP. I checked For PN, Could only locate an entire Screw kit (not needed) I am looking for a Phillips PM2.0x2.4 Broad Head Screw per manual specs and not having any success with this particular size on any of the PC sites. Any help is appreciated!System Pic.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I would do would be to visit the local PC repair shop in your town, and see if they have any in their parts bin.

A savvy PC repair tech will save parts like those, and store them in containers for future use.

Because as you saw, you have to pay a lot of money for screws in a kit that you don't need.

I did a cursory search and came up empty handed too. 

I found the PM 2.0mm by 3.0mm screws, but one of those would probably be too long.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I would do would be to visit the local PC repair shop in your town, and see if they have any in their parts bin.

A savvy PC repair tech will save parts like those, and store them in containers for future use.

Because as you saw, you have to pay a lot of money for screws in a kit that you don't need.

I did a cursory search and came up empty handed too. 

I found the PM 2.0mm by 3.0mm screws, but one of those would probably be too long.

HP Recommended

I will also add... if you dont find a screw, double sided foam tape will also work.

Some of the HP Omens use the tape instead of screws.

Your Envy "might" have the tape already installed, just peel the backing off.

HP Recommended
Thank you Paul, I did visit the local PC shop today and they don't have any screws. I did see on eBay with the HP part number that I can buy a screw package for $15, much better than $48 from HP so I suppose I will give that a try but FYI for anyone else looking for this particular screw. Thank you.
HP Recommended
Thank you, I may have to resort to that measure.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm glad you were able to find a kit that has the screw you need.

I looked in my little cache of notebook screws, but didn't have one that size to mail you.

HP Recommended

Well, I decided to rob from peter to pay paul. I borrowed 1 screw from the battery strategically and it worked perfectly to hold the NVME. Cloned successfully. Now working at blazing speeds. Very important for music production with BIg files "multi-tracking"

HP Recommended

That is great news.

Glad you found a workaround.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your post Billr920. Your solution worked perfectly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.