Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Interestingly enough, I called HP to report a charging issue with my 15" Spectre x360. The USBC connection when plugged into the charging port is loose and finicky. While charging and using the notebook at the same time, if I move around the notebook or cable, it stops charging. After unplugging and plugging back in it works again. Or I'd inwiggle the connection or push it in it will charge again. The good news is HP support was quick to react and suggested they send out a new power supply. 2 days later I have one. Problem solved for now.

They have these power supplies bit for some reason not in their HP store channel. Really odd if you ask me.
HP Recommended

DrZEUS... thats all good and fine but if you informed them you wanted one just to buy to use as a spare I bet they wouldnt send one out.... As a replacement part they are oblidged to replace...under warranty but if you want one as a second to use for example on the road as the other may stay connected at a home base they will telll you that you have to buy it from a THIRD PARTY supplier... which is poor service....

regards Paul

HP Recommended
Hey Paul I totally agree with you. In fact I wanted to buy a spare one months ago for the same reasons and ran into the same problem. I'm just saying they have units available but their stupidity is not allowing them to sell these adaptors separately. They probably have enough for warranty related issues like I had and not inventory for sale. Why that's the case we may never know.
HP Recommended

Try searching for this on your HP store: 2LN85AA
I've been looking for ages now and cos it was so hard to find I thought I'd make an account to help others.

Hope you find it!
If not try that code on google!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I found it here on the HP Parts Store for $88.35 + Shipping (and probably tax)

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Cart.aspx?mscssid=D88DD760F2194B7498B6E5C6873297AD&setDest=Cart&jumpid=...

Hope this helps. I have a Spectre x360 myself and was thinking about getting an extra myself.

By the way, I worked for HP for 10 years most of the time building supercomputers. I know how to get around here pretty well.

Tom

HP Recommended

Thanks. But, I've done that. They don't have a solution that works with the Spectre 15.

HP Recommended

What kind of Spectre x360 15 do you have? That is the exact spare part number on my adapter. You have to read it with a microscope but it matches mine. HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop - 15t touch.

Good luck with it!

Tom

HP Recommended

I'm sorry you're correct. I confused two postings I had. One concerned a USB-C docking station (which I thought was this posting-but wasn't). I had found a great portable usb-c charger here. It charges and works fine, and doesn't get hot.

The other posting, and what I'm really looking for now, is a USB-C docking station that pushes through 90W to charge the Spectre 15, and support an external 4K monitor at 60Hz.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.