Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I bought the one mentioned earlier in the post and it turned out to be completely wrong.

904144-850

GNRC-90W ADPTR PFC USB-C 3PIN

Turned out to be a 90W $80 waste of money. It doesn't power USB-C and the USB 3.0 port is not designed to power these big laptops. It 's designed to charge a phone or run one of those stupid LED message fans.

I have yet to find one that works. Astonishing.

Anyone else?

HP Recommended

I too have actually purchased two of these units for opur sales reps to take on the road...

Thinking I could easily obtain spare power supplies so they can leave one in the office attached to their docking stations and the other take with them on the road...

Ummmmm aparently NOT... so what do I do now???

Please if anyone can assist in advising me of where I can buy these in Australia that would be very handy...

My other question to HP is ... if one of my powers supplies from either laptop purchased breakdown in next twelve months where are HP getting me a replacement from and if so why are they not keeping stock or at least allowing the third party an option for HP customers to buy direct if HP dont want to keep them in stock....

is HP going backwards????

Any help would be appreciated............

Regards Paul.......

HP Recommended

HP sent me a direct email with the following:

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended
HP should stock this item for people who are direct customers of HP. It should not be necessary to go to a third party vendor for the part. I got same list, none had the part.

HP has a fantastic laptop in the Spectre - people buy laptops for travel - and an extra charger should be very easy to purchase, from HP - sure hope HP gets it figured out, because this is not like HP - it is one of Americas greatest companies - come on HP, pls work on this! Pls get this part on website at checkout. Thanks for making such a great Spectre.
HP Recommended
I ordered one from Impact and as i mentioned above, it was not suitable for the 15" spectre. Part 904144-850 from Impact does not work.

@drhanneman wrote:

HP sent me a direct email with the following:

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

I echo all these complaints. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in HP at this oversight. Why do HP customers have to jump through hoops only to throw away money with third party vendors on adapters that don't work. This is not the HP I know. 

I don't want to be an a$$, but somebody please address this, or I feel compelled to post a review mentioning this on the store, for what otherwise is an excellent computer. 

- DS

HP Recommended

I tweeted a link to this forum to both HP and HP Support a few days ago and never received the courtesy of a reply.

I think they're all asleep below deck at HP.

HP Recommended

I ended up buying a Dell 90 Watt (20v x 4.5amp) power supply.  The HP Spectre x360 15 displays a message to use genuine parts every time I plug it in, but otherwise it works great (The message only serves as a reminder to HP's ineptness - I would use a genuine part if they had one available!)

HP Recommended

Dear HP employees:

In regard to the replacement 90w power supply 904144-850 for the HP Spectrre x360 15 inch laptop...

You are only illustrating blissful ignorance with this type of response.  If you actually did your homework you would realize that HP has failed to make a replacement power supply available for this particular laptop.  It's not available in your spare parts store, nor is it available from any retailor.  

Instead of this type of response, please be an internal advocate for us, and use your internal connections at HP to raise this as a major concern among your customer base.  Find the people who can correct the issue and report back to your customers a time line for when these power supplies will be ready for purchase.

Thank you

HP Recommended

And what has this escalation resulted on.  I see this post was made in July 2017, and I'm writing this in December 2017 with no apparent resolution yet available.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.