Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Tpn-i108
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Some keys aren't working on the keyboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it doesn't work. I plugged in an external keyboard and it works fine. Looking for a replacement or one that is interchangable.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@karatekid23,

Thank you for replying,

As I see you have exhausted all possible steps and unfortunately the part is no longer available in HP. I would suggest you could try searching online through eBay, Amazon or other online store which you are comfortable with or you can check locally.

If you are not able to find one then I would suggest you can think of purchasing a new PC.

I hope this answers your question, Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@karatekid23,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I see from the post that you are having issues with the keyboard not working properly on your HP notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

As you have mentioned in your post that you have tried to plug in the external keyboard and it works fine, this definitely looks like a possible hardware failure with the Internal keyboard. 

In this scenario, If you are comfortable replacing the keyboard yourself, you can then visit our HP PartSurfer website to purchase the keyboard or you can contact retail store online or locally. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I'm having problems locating the part on the hp part surfer site. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended

@karatekid23,

Thank you for replying,

As I see you have exhausted all possible steps and unfortunately the part is no longer available in HP. I would suggest you could try searching online through eBay, Amazon or other online store which you are comfortable with or you can check locally.

If you are not able to find one then I would suggest you can think of purchasing a new PC.

I hope this answers your question, Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.